The 2016 Annual
AEVA National Electric Vehicle Festival
was held in
Adelaide, South Australia October 21, 22 & 23, 2016
2016 AEVA EV Festival
The AEVA National AGM -
Conference - Plug-in Expo
was held here in Adelaide October 21, 22 & 23, 2016
Links to YouTube
videos of the Conference will be placed here soon...
This year it was Adelaide's turn to host the AGM / EV
Friday October 21, Saturday October 22 & Sunday October 23,
The format was as follows:
Friday, October 21, 2016
"Powering The Future - Transport and energy
solutions for a greener, cleaner & healthier future".
To be held at The IVC, 19 Young St. Adelaide
Registrations: 8:30am, Conference: 9am - 4pm
Light lunch supplied.
Tea and coffee at each break.
Everyone will have to register/pay on-line, the costs being
AEVA Members: $15.00 and non members: $35.00 (plus a 30
cent booking fee)
If there are tickets remaining on the day, these will be
$50.00 (cash or cheque) at the registration desk.
Booking is essential - Please click the appropriate blue
- 0830 Registration
- 0900 - MC (Rocco Zito) bringing everyone to order
- Welcome by AEVA President: Edward Booth
- 0910 - Opening Speaker: Peter Nattrass.
Sustainability Advisor, Adelaide City Council.
- 0930 - Professor Hubertus P A Jersmann MBBS, MD, PhD, FRACP "Why EV users are heroes”
- 1000 - Andrew Boardman - Chief Executive Officer KI Council
"Making Electric Vehicles relevant in Australia today"
- 1030 to 1040 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1040 to 1100 - Morning tea
- 1100 - Craig Norris - National PHEV Sales Manager,
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited.
Future is Electric - The past, present & the future of
- 1130 - James Kennedy - Engineering Director - Tritium "EVs, Charging Infrastructure, and their impact on the
- 1200 to 1210 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1210 to 1300 - Lunch.
- 1300 - Dr Peter Pudney - Associate Research Professor -
- 1330 - Dr Chris Jones - AEVA National
Committee member "How
to build a really, really fast electric superbike"
- 1400 to 1410 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1410 to 1430 - Afternoon tea
- 1430 - John Lindsay - Managing Director - Lindsay
"Redflow: a flow battery revolution"
- 1500 - Damien Brown - Chief Commercial Officer -
Transit Australia Group
Rapid Transport Systems (ERT)"
- 1530 to 1540 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1540 - Rocco Zito (MC) - Closing remarks
2) AEVA Council Meeting
To be held in "The Joinery", 111 Franklin St, Adelaide (Old
Bus Station) 4:30 - 6:30pm
Saturday, October 22, 2016
(a) 9:00am - AEVA Member Workshop opened by the AEVA National
9am start at "The Joinery", 111
Franklin St, Adelaide.
(b) 10:45am - Morning Tea - Supplied by AEVA
(c) 11:15am - Leave the Joinery for a short walk to visit
on Wright St, Adelaide.
This is run by an inspiring Urban Planner and EV Entrepreneur
who has had the
commitment to turn his vision into reality, in the city of
Daniels has just won second prize ($50,000) in the Adelaide
Zero (Carbon) competition. Congratulations Daniels.
If you get lost, it's at 178 Wright Street, Adelaide
(d) 12:30pm - Lunch - it's up to you, but The
Joinery cafe has lots of nice food available.
Also you may want to try the Adelaide Central Market Food Court
China Town shops off Gouger and Grote Sts
(e) 1:30pm - Back at The Joinery for a tour and
explanation of the Redflow (Z-Cell)
solar installation by Colin Lord from Sustainable Works.
(f) 2:30pm - AEVA 2016 National AGM - all
members are welcome to attend. (g) ?:??pm -
Afternoon Tea and Free time - Explore Adelaide.
(h) 5:45pm - Dinner at the Hotel Metropolitan,
cnr Grote & Pitt
St, Adelaide - 5:45pm to 8:30pm
booked the "Back Room"
The Backroom seats up to 40
people we had 34 present for dinner.
Everyone was asked to be seated at 5:45pm ready for our special Guest
the Lord Mayor of Adelaide : Mr Martin Haese at 6pm.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
"Plug-in Expo" was held in Adelaide's Elder Park on
the banks of the River Torrens.
Time: 9am to 3pm
Entry to this event was FREE and was open to the public.