The AEVA National AGM -
Conference - Plug-in Expo
is be held here in Adelaide October 21, 22 & 23, 2016
This year it's Adelaide's turn to host the AGM / EV
Friday October 21, Saturday October 22 & Sunday October 23,
The format will be as follows:
Friday, October 21, 2016
"Powering The Future - Transport and energy
solutions for a greener, cleaner & healthier future".
To be held in the Adelaide Town Hall Meeting Hall (behind the Adelaide Town Hall)
in the centre of Adelaide.
Registrations: 8:30am, Conference: 9am - 3:30pm
Light lunch supplied.
Everyone will have to register/pay on-line, with AEVA Members
receiving a discount. Bookings coming soon.
- Registration - 0830
- 0900 - MC (Rocco Zito) bringing everyone to order
- Welcome by AEVA President: Edward Booth
- 0905 - TBA - local politician Mayor's office.
- 0930 - Professor Hubertus P A Jersmann MBBS, MD, PhD, FRACP
- 1000 - Andrew Boardman - Chief Executive Officer KI Council
- 1030 to 1045 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1045 to 1115 - Morning tea with mini speaker segments
- 1115 - Craig Norris - National PHEV Sales Manager,
- 1145 - James Kennedy - Engineering Director - Tritium
Charging Infrastructure, and their impact on the grid"
- 1215 to 1230 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1230 to 1315 - Lunch.
- 1315 - Dr Peter Pudney - Associate Research Professor -
- 1345 - Daniels Langeberg - Founder & CEO of EcoCaddy
- 1415 to 1445 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1445 to 1515 - Afternoon tea with mini speaker segments
- 1515 - Andrew Kempster - Sales Director - Redflow
- 1545 - TBA
- 1545 to 1600 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1600 - Rocco Zito (MC) - Closing remarks
2) AEVA Council Meeting
To be held in "The Joinery", 111 Franklin St, Adelaide (Old
Bus Station) 4:30 - 6:30pm
Saturday, October 22, 2016
1) (a) AEVA Member Workshop opened by the Lord Mayor of
9am start at "The Joinery", 111
Franklin St, Adelaide.
(b) AGM, 11am start
(c) Possible field visit,
(d) Dinner at the Hotel Metropolitan, cnr Grote & Pitt
St, Adelaide - 6pm to 8:30pm
We have booked the "Back Room" from 6pm to 8:30pm.
hotelmetro.com.au/ Please let Eric know if you are attending the
2) (a) Alternate arrangements or partners / wives / husbands of
members - a bus trip
to well known South Australian
There will be a $20.00 charge for
this. Note: This requires a minimum of 12 people.
If you would like more detail -
(b) Combined dinner with members (as in 1) (d)
Sunday, October 23, 2016
"Plug-in Expo" to be held in Adelaide's Elder Park on
the River Torrens.
9am to 3pm
Corporate Displays / Event Sponsorship.
Corporate displays at this Expo, require a
minimum payment of $100
(equivalent to an AEVA Corporate membership).
Sponsorships are available, starting at $200, with Major
Sponsorship starting at $600.
Some members have found reasonably priced accommodation at
107 King William St. Room enquiries PH:(08) 8231 4331 Bookings
Rooms are small and basic but clean and tidy. 1, 2 or 3 people
per room (Various combos)
Please let Eric know (see below) if you would like to be
billeted which Adelaide members, how many are coming etc. Adelaide members to let Eric know if you can billet members
from interstate or from country SA/NT.
What AEVA Members need to do: Please let Eric (see below) know if
your partners / wives / husbands would like to go on the bus
trip, on the Saturday, so that this can be organised.
You will notice that this is still in the
planning stage an more details will be added as time goes on.
for AEVA (SA) Branch Committee. (adelaide [at] aeva [dot]
asn [dot] au )
News (December 11, 2014): The
government plans to reduce the tax advantage of diesel fuel
vis-a-vis gas, raise the excise
tax on diesel by 2 cents per litre, and offer a bonus of up to
10,000 euros to drivers who trade in a diesel for an EV.
$5,000 - $8,500
Based on location
See Note 2
1. Figures are in USD as at March 2014
2. Victoria has a lower registration cost for a BEV.(See
Australian Incentives table above...)
AEVA membership is now date based,
so that your renewal date will be the date that you joined -
one year later. (For all new memberships from July 1, 2014).
eg. If you join on August 3, 2014, your renewal date will
August 3, 2015
renew their membership anytime.
Reminders are automatically sent via the Membership system.
You may follow
this link to use the online form on the national website
more payment information (FAQ).
this form (from
local site) and take it with your money to the next meeting. Forms
are usually available at the meetings as well.
Use the same form to join up and for
membership renewal. Just tick the
Annual (Ordinary) - $40.00 per year
Concession - $20.00 per year
Corporate - $100.00 per year
Australian Electric Vehicle Association Inc. (AEVA) is a non profit
organisation founded in 1973, comprising individuals and
organisations interested in the development, manufacture, sale or
use of electric vehicles and their components. For more information